Bring brands to life through compelling stories. Join our stellar team of content creators.
With the right skills & drive, you can play a key role in our strategy to ignite SEO success for leading companies.
South Africa, Remote
R 18k – R 23k
Ends November 20, 2023
Just one application
can change your life
What type of clients will you be writing for?
You'll create captivating content for elite SEO agencies & recognizable affiliates seeking to attract visitors, boost conversions & drive growth. You'll get to flex your skills across diverse niches like travel content, technical B2B, entertainment campaigns & more! This variety allows you to maximise your creativity.
We'll empower you to ignite growth for brands through content creation that truly resonates with their audiences.
What opportunity is there for career progression?
All team members are afforded opportunities to lead from where they are - in owning projects that drive the business forward. Top performers can progress from writer to senior writer to team lead roles. Lateral moves into proofing & editing are also possible.
We're committed to empowering your professional development. Our leaders mentor team members through a Talent Development Roadmap which is aimed at moving forward & toward your goals. This enables leaders to identify opportunities designed for you which are supported by mentoring, training, opportunities to manage campaigns, own client relationships & lead new offerings.
How would we describe the company culture?
Our culture strikes the perfect balance - combining the camaraderie of a tight-knit team with the high standards of industry leaders.
We live our values of transparency, accountability, autonomy, mastery, and passion. Our team members hold themselves accountable to deliver flawless results. We empower creators through autonomy, driving ownership, creativity & impact. Our energy stems from our passion for explosive results. We celebrate wins together while motivating individuals to excel.
If you share our values, you'll find support & drive to thrive. Join our stellar team of empowered creators!
How do we celebrate employee success?
We make sure top achievements get the recognition they deserve - from shoutouts in company meetings and newsletters to spot bonuses & annual rewards. Peer recognition is also important, with team members empowered to call out great work through peer bonuses & values nominations. Our Slack channel continuously highlights big & small wins.
What traits are we looking for?
We seek talented professionals who take pride in their work, are eager to continuously improve & motivated to do their part to grow the business & team. Ideal candidates are reliable self-starters who collaborate well & can balance autonomy with accountability. Above all, we value passion for creating compelling content that drives results.
What we don't want.
We avoid candidates who are complacent, resistant to change, or focused solely on individual goals over team success. People who require heavy oversight, cut corners on quality, or are unwilling to adopt new tools & approaches also would not thrive here. Above all, we value those intrinsically motivated to excel.
Please check all of the questions
where your answer is YES!
More about the role
At My Content Pal, you’ll join a rapidly scaling company at the forefront of the content space. Our proven process empowers you to expand your skills & achieve excellence. You’ll work with elite clients while having the autonomy to thrive. Most importantly, you’ll be part of a collaborative yet competitive team driven to make an impact together.
- Deliver daily content in line with your KPIs
- Writing engaging, high-quality copy from an SEO point of view for a wide variety of content including landing pages, marketing campaigns and blog articles
- Creating engaging and relevant guides/blogs based on keyword gap analysis and keyword research.
- Ensure content has a clear purpose, measurable objectives to achieve organic results
- Ensure that all copy is error-free and meets the quality standards of the company
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices in creative writing and implement them in all copy
- You must have a minimum of three years professional experience as a creative copywriter
- Exceptional writing skills, including experience producing web content (blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube…etc)
- Understand the best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English, plus the ability to understand and simplify content
- Outstanding time management skills; able to work to tight deadlines
- Takes direction constructively
- Able to multi-task and use initiative
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table – we strive to constantly innovate/improve and we want to work with people who share our passion
- Ideally you will have experience with working for a creative agency
- The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the world of content marketing and social media. Ideally a podcast listener too
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Experience working in an advertising agency
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive and attractive compensation
- Employee Recognition scheme
- Extensive learning opportunities, such as professional training and certifications, soft skills development, access to Masterclass courses, among others
- Flexible working opportunities
The fast track to becoming our next Content Pal:
- Show us your skills in our 30-minute writing challenge
- Draft an article for one of our partners (paid if published)
- Wow us in a 45-minute interview
- Welcome to the team!
When all goes well, you could get from application to offer in just days. Don't wait a moment longer!